Jack Chick: Perpetuating Falsehood since 1924
Jack Chick has a poster that supposedly shows the foolishness of evolution. All it actually shows is the foolishness of Jack Chick.
The poster shows a number of hominids, comicly illustrated, with the following pieces of drivel beneath them:
- Heidelberg Man – Built from a jaw bone that was conceded by many to be quite human.
- Nebraska Man – Scientifically built up from one tooth and later found to be the tooth of an extinct pig.
- Piltdown Man – The jawbone turned out to belong to a modern ape.
- Peking Man – 500,000 years old. All evidence has disappeared.
- Neanderthal Man – At the Int’l Congress of Zoology (1958) Dr. A. J. E. Cave Said his examination showed that the famous Neanderthal skeleton found in France over 50 years ago is that of an old man who suffered from arthritis.
- Cro-Magnon Man – One of the earliest and best established fossils is at least equal in physique and brain capacity to modern man…so what’s the difference?
- Modern Man – This genius thinks we came from a monkey.
- Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools – Romans 1:22
So, let’s refute these one at a time:
- Heidelberg man – the first evidence for heidelberg man was a jaw, and it looks nothing like a modern human’s jaw. It’s supported by additional fossils found in France and Greece anyway.
- Nebraska man – the scientist who found this tooth was skeptical himself of its origins, as were other scientists of the time. The find was published in the hope that someone could identify it, which is exactly what happened. Follow up publications clearly defined it as belonging to a peccary. This is science at work, people.
- Piltdown man – this was a hoax, and evolutionists exposed it as a hoax. Science at work, yet again. Scientists do not still use known mistakes like Nebraska man or Piltdown man to support their arguments, which is more than can be said for creationists who still trot out the Paluxy footprints every chance they get.
- Peking man – yes the original fragments were lost, but casts were made and are still available at the Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology in Beijing and the American Museum in New York. They were also photographed extensively. So big deal, just because the originals have been lost, that doesn’t refute findings made on those originals before they were lost, nor the existance of them in the first place.
- Neanderthal man – wrong! Cave said that the stooped posture assumed of Neanderthals was incorrect because the scientists examining the French skeleton had not taken into account that it was an older male who may have suffered from arthritis, hence his posture. Many many other skeletons of Neanderthal man have been found, supporting Cave’s findings that Neanderthal man walked upright, not stooped. Do your homework, Jacky-boy!
- Cro-Magnon man – cro magnon man is one of the earliest examples of what we call modern humans, but the fossils show that cro magnon man had 4% more brain capacity than modern humans and was on the whole more physically robust. While it might be technically accurate to say ‘at least equal’ when you know something to be greater, we can see here that Jack is trying to avoid explicitly saying ‘different’, just so he can ask what the difference is. Moron.
- Modern man – Yes, this genius does think we came from a monkey. What’s your point?
- Ah yes, quoting from the bible, the ultimate recourse of those who don’t actually have a shred of proof to support their position. Never mind that Jack doesn’t seem to know his bible. I refer you to Mark 5:22 – “whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.”
Well Jack, I guess I’ll see you in hell, then.